- Learn Advanced Java Development from a professional trainer on your own time at your own desk.
- This visual training method offers users increased retention and accelerated learning.
- Breaks even the most complex applications down into simplistic steps
Number of Videos: 6.75 hours – 32 lessons
User Level: Advanced
You’re a junior developer with a couple of years of Java under your belt and you’ve hit the Java wall of mystery. The knowledge blocker where complex concepts like concurrency and network programming or generics and collections leave you baffled and unable to proceed.
In this video, Java wizard Ken Kousen de-mystifies all to transport you to a smarter place. A place where your newfound Java skills work magic into the day-to-day practices of database programming, network programming and back-end web development. Spells uncovered include: generic programming, concurrency, interfaces, inheritance, objects, the new I/O packages, working with relational databases, networking, testing, inner classes, and the new features of Java 8. Put on your cape and zoom.
- Become masterful at complex Java concepts like concurrency and network programming
- Use your new Java skills to program databases, network systems, and back-end web applications
- Understand interfaces, inheritance, and objects; generics and collections; and the new I/O packages
- Learn about the Java Persistence API and how to integrate JDBC classes with relational databases
- Practice testing with JUnit and discover how to implement inner classes
- Explore newly released Java 8 features such as lambdas, streams, and the Java.Time package
JavaOne Rock Star award winner Ken Kousen is a Java mentor whose taught thousands of developers over the past decade. He runs Kousen IT, a Java technical training and consulting company. He’s the author of the Manning book “Making Java Groovy”, the O’Reilly book “Gradle Recipes for Android” ; and the writer/presenter of eight O’Reilly video courses on topics related to Groovy, Android, and Spring. He holds two BS degrees from M.I.T., an MS and a Ph.D. from Princeton, and an MS in Computer Science from R.P.I.
|Supported OS:||Mac Yosemite 10.10,Mac Mavericks 10.9,Mac Mountain Lion 10.8,Mac Lion 10.7,Mac Snow Leopard 10.6,Mac Leopard 10.5,Mac OS X,Macintosh|