- Learn Why Motivating People Doesn’t Work…and What Does from a professional trainer on your own time at your own desk.
- This visual training method offers users increased retention and accelerated learning.
- Breaks even the most complex applications down into simplistic steps
Author: Susan Fowler
User Level: Beginner
If you still use the usual carrot-and-stick methods for motivating people, don’t bother. They simply don’t work. In this engaging video workshop, Susan Fowler—consultant, coach, and top leadership researcher—introduces a tested model and course of action to help leaders guide people toward the kind of motivation that genuinely increases and sustains productivity and engagement.
Based on her popular book of the same name, and modeled on the live workshop experience Fowler brings to organizations such as Microsoft, CVS, NASA, and H&R Block, this video includes real-life examples and poignant stories to demonstrate the effectiveness of the Optimal Motivation process. You’ll get actionable advice on how to move people away from dependence on external rewards, and help them discover how their jobs can meet the deeper psychological needs for autonomy, relatedness, and competence.
This video workshop covers:
– A leader’s role in motivation, from both a leadership and self-leadership perspective
– The Spectrum of Motivation model and the six Motivational Outlooks
– Psychological Needs—the heart of the new science of motivation
– Self-Regulation and the role it plays in shifting a Motivational Outlook
– Why motivation is a skill that can be taught, learned, nurtured, and sustained
– Making shift happen through Motivational Outlook Conversations
– Rethinking five beliefs that erode workplace motivation
About the presenter:
Susan Fowler has over 30 years’ experience as a researcher, consultant, and coach in more than 30 countries around the globe in the field of leadership. She’s the lead developer of The Ken Blanchard Company’s Optimal Motivation program, which has been implemented worldwide.
Susan is the bestselling author of Situational Self Leadership and the One Minute Manager with Ken Blanchard and Laurence Hawkins, Achieve Leadership Genius with Drea Zigarmi and Dick Lyles, Leading at a Higher Level with Ken Blanchard, The Team Leader’s Idea-a-Day Guide with Drea Zigarmi, Empowerment with Ken Blanchard, and Good Leaders, Good Shepherds with Dick Lyles.
There are no reviews yet.