- Learn Practical Scala for Java Developers from a professional trainer on your own time at your own desk.
- This visual training method offers users increased retention and accelerated learning.
- Breaks even the most complex applications down into simplistic steps.
- Comes with Extensive Working Files
Author: Ben Evans and Julian Templeman
User Level: Intermediate
You’re a Java developer who has heard of Scala and maybe now you’re being asked to work on Scala code. Concerned? Don’t be. Taught by Java-Scala experts Ben Evans and Julian Templeman, this course answers the questions you want answered: What is Scala really useful for? Does it help with concurrency? What is functional programming and how much do I really need to know? How do I set up a Scala development environment, how do I test, and what are the must-know Scala idioms?
If you’re an intermediate level Java developer with six months of experience under your belt, then this course will quickly transform you from the Scala ignorant to the Scala capable.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Scala and when to use it instead of Java
- Learn how to use the OO features and functional features in Scala
- Understand Scala’s basic syntax, pattern matching, and traits
- Learn to set up a Scala development environment
- Understand how to use Scala to write concurrent code
- Understand the differences between the Scala and Java type systems
- Master the ability to write/test Scala code and interoperate with Java code
Ben Evans is an author, speaker, consultant and educator. He is the Java editor for InfoQ, an executive committee member for the Java Community Process in London, a co-founder of jClarity, and the author or co-author of several O’Reilly titles including “Java in a Nutshell, 6th Edition,” the forthcoming “Optimizing Java,” and “Java: The Legend.”
Julian Templeman is a consultant, trainer and writer who has programmed systems of all types and sizes, from single-chip computers for instrumentation, up to Cray and CDC supercomputers. He heads Neuda Technologies, a London company specializing in C++, C#, Java, and Scala.
|PC Minimum System Requirements:||PC Recommended System Requirements:|
There are no reviews yet.