- Learn Building Maintainable Software from a professional trainer on your own time at your own desk.
- This visual training method offers users increased retention and accelerated learning.
- Breaks even the most complex applications down into simplistic steps.
Number of Videos: 4.5 hours – 21 lessons
Author: Željko Obrenović
User Level: Beginner
Do you want to write code that stands the test of time? Or do you want to perpetuate the nightmare of difficult-to-change code that many software developers face today? Building Maintainable Software offers a pathway to craftsmanship for those who want to do the right thing. In this video, software virtuoso Željko Obrenović introduces a set of guidelines for creating software that meets the gold standard of true maintainability. Each guideline is reviewed in detail, using real-world examples of code that follow—or don’t follow—these important rules.
With these videos, you will:
- Gain a practical understanding of the ten guidelines critical to building maintainable software
- Discover what maintainability really means and how it relates to other aspects of software quality
- Explore why maintainability is especially crucial in the early stages of software development
- Practice refactoring techniques that turn poor code into code that’s compliant with the ten guidelines
Željko Obrenović is a principal consultant at Software Improvement Group (SIG). SIG conducts detailed technical analyses of software-intensive systems, translating technical findings into actionable advice for management. He has been a consultant at Backbase, an assistant professor at the Technical University in Eindhoven, and a researcher at CWI in Amsterdam. He is a member of the IEEE Software Advisory board and writes regularly about software and interaction design.
There are no reviews yet.