- Learn Introduction to Secure Software from a professional trainer on your own time at your own desk.
- This visual training method offers users increased retention and accelerated learning.
- Breaks even the most complex applications down into simplistic steps
Number of Videos: 8.25 hours – 56 lessons
Author: Brian Sletten
It’s an unfortunate truism that many good developers are bad at software security. They cling to the belief that security is something you can just buy and bolt on, but that’s not the case. It’s not that developers want to be bad at security, they just don’t know where to start and where they should go. This video offers a clear route.
It begins with a high level overview of today’s security threats and the organizational strategies used to counter those threats; it details the roles that SSG members, developers, testers and operations personnel must perform in a security focused SDLC; and finishes with a survey of the protocols, tactics, and tools used to optimize security at the physical, network, application, and perimeter levels.
– Understand the goals, costs, and limitations of software security
– Identify fifteen types of security attacks such as WebSocket, SQL injection, and TLS Heartbleed
– Discover six core principles of software security including Defense in Depth and Fail Securely
– Learn about threat modeling using tools like STRIDE, CAPEC, and attack trees
– Recognize the capabilities and limitations of password policies, WAFS, and Firewalls
– Review authentication/authorization techniques like HTTP Digest, OAuth 2 and JWT
– Learn about the CORS, CSP, and HSTS security policies and protocols