- Used Book in Good Condition
In order to succeed in today’s business world, hospitality managers must have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to technology. Hospitality Information Systems and E-Commerce provides this essential information. Covering the technology used in each segment of the hospitality industry – lodging, foodservice, and tourism – this insightful book emphasizes the management decisions necessary to purchase, implement, and execute technology initiatives in a hospitality operation.
Packed with industry examples that illustrate the influence of technology on management and customer service, Hospitality Information Systems and E-Commerce:
- Provides an overview of information technology basics, including computer hardware, software, and networks
- Covers electronic commerce (e-commerce) and its impact on the hospitality industry, as well as how managers can implement successful e-commerce strategies into their business
- Features interviews with information technology professionals in the hospitality industry
- Includes “On the Job” vignettes that show readers how the concepts covered in each chapter translate into the management of a hospitality operation
- Contains a practical glossary of technical terminology
Hospitality Information Systems and E-Commerce offers an in-depth look at how hospitality managers can most effectively use technology to benefit their business, and is a must-have resource for students and professionals seeking to learn more about this cutting-edge topic.